Introducing This Page
This page provides you with links to webpages containing up-to-date Influenza information
Ministry of Health Influenza Page
Official Information Resource
An influenza pandemic occurs when a new strain of influenza virus emerges, spreading around the world and infecting many people at once.
The Ministry of Health is working with the health sector and other Government agencies to ensure New Zealand is as prepared as possible for a potential pandemic.
These web pages provide latest updates, background information, FAQs and guidelines and advice on issues like how to prepare for a pandemic influenza, media releases and resources on pandemic influenza plus links to other Government websites with information on pandemic influenza.
Department of Labour Influenza Information
The Department of Labour has also prepared, and will continue to update, practical, workplace-related information to help businesses prepare for a pandemic. This has been done in conjunction with the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Economic Development and other government agencies.
This information includes:
- Pandemic Planning Information The Department of Labour has prepared practical, workplace-related information to help businesses prepare for a pandemic.
- Additional information to assist with business continuity planning.
- Workplace health and safety guidance. Including infection control advice relevant to the workplace.
- Advice on the use of personal protective equipment in the workplace.
- Practical scenarios that illustrate the different measures businesses can take to protect themselves.